Here's how we can bring balance back to your life
Finding ways to improve your day to day life
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY WITH EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES?
We all experience challenges which reduce independence and undermine our sense of identity. Occupational Therapists or OT's can help when normal functions become difficult as a result of accident, disability, illness or ageing. OT's know that being able to perform these daily activities is crucial to health and wellbeing.
OT's are allied health professionals who work with people of all ages and abilities. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in meaningful daily activities.
OT's work with people to manage ongoing symptoms and prevent complications through:
• Building knowledge and skills
• Finding new ways of doing activities
• Changing the environment
• Advising on support needs
• Work with people who are affected by accident, physical and mental illness, disability or ageing.
• Give help and training in daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, gardening, working and learning.
• Perform environmental assessments and offer advice on adapting homes or workplaces.
• Assess and recommend assistive technology and equipment, such as mobility aids, wheelchairs, adaptive aids and equipment to help around the home, school or community.